MERCHANT RULES FOR THE 6DOT50 MEMBERSHIP PROGRAMME
The 6DOT50 Merchant rules is an electronic contract that sets out the legally binding terms of the relationship between 6DOT50 and Merchants that have applied to and been approved by 6DOT50 as a Payment Facilitator. By registering to become a merchant for the purposes of both receiving or making payments or by accessing the solution, you accept and agree to be bound by these rules (terms and conditions), as well as any pricing policies and notices published on our website.
We reserve the right to amend these rules and to introduce additional terms at any time. You are therefore responsible for regularly reviewing this agreement. Continued access or use of the benefits offered by us after such changes are made, shall constitute your consent thereto.
The laws of South Africa shall in all respects govern the terms of this agreement.
PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAMME
The 6DOT50 Membership Programme is owned and controlled by 6DOT50 Limited, an International Business Company registered in the Seychelles under registration number 219119. 6DOT50 (Pty) Ltd a Company registered in South Africa under registration number 2015/220847/07 (“6DOT50”, “6.50”, “us” or “we”) operates the 6DOT50 Membership Programme for all 6DOT50 members resident in South Africa under license from 6DOT50 Limited. We facilitate the exchange of value between members and between members and business partners of 6DOT50 in South Africa using voucher products sold by us. 6DOT50 Vouchers may be linked to known and trusted values such as the United States dollar, for example, and in this case the 6DOT50 Voucher may be referred to as Digital Dollars (D$), we currently offer Digital Rand vouchers and the value of each Digital Rand voucher is backed 100% by the equivalent fiat currency held on deposit in our bank account to ensure that you receive the benefits available to you in accordance with these Merchant and our Member and the Benefit Rules. The value of 1 Digital Rand is therefore equal to 1 South African Rand.
Unlike physical products that are subject to wear and tear, subject to loss and are costly to store and move, 6.50 vouchers are borderless and are not prone to wear and tear or loss thus retaining its representative value indefinitely. In addition, 6.50 Vouchers may be redeemed to acquire other products and services from 6DOT50 participating Payment Facilitators and business partners. A 6.50 Voucher is therefore a product with a common measure of value used in the exchange of products and services.
6DOT50 plays the limited role of Selling voucher products to members and managing them on behalf of members in accordance with the Rules that apply to the services that we offer.
|6.50, 6DOT50, we, us, our||Refers to 6DOT50 (Pty) Ltd (2015/220847/07), located at Trumali House, CNR R44 and Trumali Road, Harrington, Stellenbosch, 7600|
|Cash-out||Refers to a refund request from a merchant wanting to convert their 6.50 voucher value in exchange for a deposit into their bank account|
|Business Partners||Refers to Payment Facilitators that offer various products and Services to users from a network of retailers and eCommerce merchants and Payment Processors that facilitate the collection and payment of funds due by and to members|
|Merchant, you, your||Refers to a Payment Facilitator of the 6DOT50 Membership Programme|
|Payment Facilitator||Refers to a business partner registered with 6DOT50 or a business that accepts 6.50 vouchers in exchange for products and services|
|Payment Processor||Refers to a business partner that facilitates the collection and payment of funds due by and to members on behalf of 6DOT50|
These rules govern the relationship between 6DOT50 (us) and Payment Facilitators (you).
To be a merchant of 6DOT50, you must be:
- A business that accepts 6DOT50 Digital Vouchers in exchange for products and services that you sell to 6DOT50 members; and or
- A business that distributes Digital Rands to 6DOT50 Members; and
- You must have a Bank Account that will be used for the purchase of 6.50 Digital Vouchers or for accepting any amounts due to you by us.
Where a territory, in which a member resides, imposes restrictions on a member’s ability to acquire products and services from you or from receive Digital Vouchers from you, such restrictions may be implemented by 6DOT50. You are solely responsible to ensure that you comply with any and all local laws and requirements and or restrictions that may be applicable to you in your territory. We will take the necessary steps to comply with the applicable regulatory requirements in order for us to meet our obligations to you in your territory.
You specifically agree not to use the 6DOT50 solution or to claim any benefits from 6DOT50 in return for goods and or services rendered to any 6DOT50 member that:
- is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, indecent, defamatory, discriminatory, vulgar, profane, obscene, libellous, hateful or otherwise objectionable, invasive of another’s privacy, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling or purely speculative economic activity;
- contains material that violates the standards of good taste or the standards of the Services; or
- violates any third-party right, including, but not limited to, right of privacy, right of publicity, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
You acknowledge that we have no obligation to monitor your – or anyone else’s – access to or use of the Services for violations of the Terms, or to review or edit any content. However, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating and improving the 6DOT50 solution (including without limitation for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and member support purposes), to ensure your compliance with the Terms and to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of legal process, a court, consent decree, administrative agency or other governmental body.
You may terminate your account with us at any time by contacting us via the “Support” links on our website.
6DOT50 MERCHANT BENEFITS
Approved merchants are entitled to receive 6.50 vouchers from 6.50 members in exchange for products and services and to request that 6DOT50 Cash-out their voucher value subject to the following:
- Members will, in exchange for goods and services offered by the merchant, use the SEND functionality offered by 6.50 to transfer 6.50 vouchers from their account to the merchant;
- The merchant will receive a notification confirming the transfer and the voucher value will be added to their 6.50 Account;
- Merchants may request to cash-out their voucher value held in their Account; and
- All cash-out requests will be subject to the 6.50 fees published on the 6.50 website as amended from time to time.
6DOT50 has developed 6DOT50 PAY as a Merchant payment portal (“Portal”) which allows 6DOT50 Merchants to, inter alia, manage their 6DOT50 merchant account balance, to initiate instant Digital Rand send instructions (herein after referred to as a “payment(s)”) from its merchant wallet to any mobile phone number simultaneously by uploading a payment form to the portal, to download transaction history and any other such features as may be added by 6DOT50 in its sole discretion from time to time.
By electing to make use of the Portal, Merchants bind themselves to these Merchant Rules and accept these associated terms and conditions.
Merchants who elect to make use of the Portal expressly acknowledge and understand that:
- The purchase of Digital Money Vouchers from 6DOT50 by you will only be accepted if payment is made by you from your bank account to the nominated bank account of 6DOT50;
- you are solely and exclusively responsible for ensuring that the payment form is uploaded in the correct format as stipulated by 6DOT50 and specifically that the mobile number and amount to be paid to the account of the 6DOT50 Member to which such mobile number relates is correct and up to date;
- once payment instructions are initiated, such payment cannot be reversed and/or cancelled and is final. Under no circumstances will 6DOT50 be requested by a Merchant to cancel and/or reverse a payment;
- you will be solely liable should any Digital Rands be mis-allocated or allocated to the incorrect 6DOT50 Member or prospective member, as the case may be, as a result of incorrect information being supplied in the payment form and you will not, under any circumstances, hold 6DOT50 or any of its affiliates or employees liable for such erroneous payment; and
- you will at no point attempt to contact any 6DOT50 Member or prospective member, as the case may be, who has been erroneously paid for any reason whatsoever, including in an attempt to obtain a return of erroneously paid Digital Rands.
6DOT50 may terminate a Merchant’s use of the Portal in its own and absolute discretion by giving the Merchant 5 Business Days’ written notice of such intention.
6DOT50 may, in its sole and absolute discretion, change, amend, adapt, expand or otherwise alter the Portal in any manner in which it deems fit. 6DOT50 undertakes to give any Merchant using the Portal 5 Business Days’ written notice prior to such amendment should such amendment be likely to significantly affect the Merchant.
6DOT50 may, in its sole and absolute discretion, grant any other person access to its Portal and it does not undertake to give any single Merchant exclusive use of the Portal.
Any Merchant who makes use of the Portal herewith warrants in favour of 6DOT50 that it has obtained any and all the necessary informed consent(s) and the like from its users to share information which falls within the ambit of “Personal Information” as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 with 6DOT50, and indemnifies 6DOT50 against any claim of whatsoever nature which may arise as a result of such sharing of Personal Information.
You can start accessing the benefits offered from the time that your merchant account has been verified.
Merchants may not use 6.50 vouchers as security for any debt.
The Programme is designed to facilitate value transfers between members and between members and 6DOT50 Payment Facilitators using vouchers linked to a known currency as common measure of value. Your merchant account and benefits may be terminated if we find that you acted dishonestly or fraudulently in your engagement with the 6DOT50 Membership Programme.
You are encouraged to report any fraudulent or misuse of benefits by contacting 6DOT50 on info@6DOT50.com.
If your merchant status ends or is terminated for any reason:
- Your rights to benefits will cease; and
- We will cash-out the value of 6.50 vouchers held in your 6DOT50 merchant account less any fees that may be applicable.
To cancel your merchant status you must give 30 calendar days’ notice in order for us to formally close your Account.
There are no joining fees or monthly fees payable by merchants. Fees that may be applicable to benefits will be posted on our website and will be charged as applicable. The fees that are applicable are:
- Transaction Fees on Cash-out – When you request a refund of the 6.50 voucher value held in your account, we will pay the amount due directly into your bank account less the fees quoted at the time that you request the refund;
- Transaction Fees on USE – When redeeming vouchers for other products and services no transaction fees will be charged to merchants. Fees may be applicable when redeeming vouchers for alternative voucher options;
- Transaction Fees on SEND – When sending 6.50 vouchers to other members and or merchants no transaction fees are applicable;
NO LEGAL RELATIONSHIP
You have no legal relationship with 6.50 other than being bound by these rules and, when entitled to do so, receiving any Benefits you may be entitled to.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
6.50’s total liability shall be limited to the value of the active 6.50 voucher held in your account less applicable fees. Under no circumstances, including as a result of its negligent acts or omissions or those of its staff, servicers, agents, members, contractors, partners or other persons for whom in law it may be liable, will 6.50 be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any nature which you may sustain as a result of engagement in the 6DOT50 Membership Programme. By agreeing to these Rules you indemnify 6.50 accordingly.
The Programme and underlying technology and processors have been designed and implemented to ensure that you have uninterrupted access to the programme but 6.50 cannot guarantee the availability, accessibility, accuracy, or proper functioning of the Programme or those benefits offered by 6DOT50 Business Partners nor that it will function error-free.
It is possible that submissions may not be successfully processed or executed because of errors or failures, whether caused by you, 6.50 or other factors related to our business partners, members or other third-party providers.
6.50 is not responsible for any unauthorised human or technical intervention nor is liable or otherwise responsible for any transaction that is not properly processed, executed, saved or transmitted, regardless of the cause of the problem.
No warranty is made that 6.50’s or 6.50’s business partners’ or 6.50’s members software’s functionality or services will be uninterrupted or error-free.
In the event of any conflict between the applicable software and the rules relating to any Benefit to which the software pertains, the rules governing such Benefit shall prevail.
PERMISSION TO PROCESS AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION AND TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
Your privacy is very important to us and we will ensure that any information, including Personal Information, provided by, or collected from you, is stored in a secure manner. When you engage with us, you trust us with personal information about yourself and your users, where applicable.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. It is voluntary to accept these terms and conditions. However, we require your acceptance of our minimum merchant requirements, being a mobile phone number and, where applicable, proof of identity in order to provide you with secure access to our services.
This means that if you do not accept, we cannot activate and service your merchant account.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
The following expressions have the following meanings:
|Benefits||Refers to the benefits available to members through the 6DOT50 Membership Programme and the benefits available to you as outlined in these rules.|
|Benefit rules||Refers to the business practices that you agree to if you choose to use any benefit offered through the 6DOT50 Membership Programme.|
|Digital Voucher||Refers to 6.50 vouchers represented by or linked to a stipulated fiat currency such as Digital Rands where 1 Digital Rand has a value of 1 South African Rand.|
|Member||The person contracting with 6DOT50 and bound by the 6DOT50 Rules. Member includes individuals and businesses.|
|Merchant activation date||The date when you have completed the minimum merchant requirements and been accepted as a Merchant by us.|
|Programme||Refers to the 6DOT50 Membership Programme.|
|6DOT50 Membership Programme||Refers to the Membership Programme administered by 6DOT50 (Pty) Ltd.|