TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This website is owned and operated by 6DOT50 Proprietary Limited (6DOT50), a company registered in South Africa with registration number 2015/220847/07, and/or its affiliated entities (6DOT50 Group). 6DOT50 permits the use of this website subject to these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions). These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person that uses this website and against every person and business that registers to become a member of 6DOT50’s membership programme (Member). By using this website and, if you are a Member, by registering to become a Member, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Members are specifically also referred to the Benefit Rules which can be found on this website and which set out the benefits available to Members (Benefit Rules).
6DOT50 may change these Terms and Conditions and/or Benefit Rules at any time. You are therefore responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms and Conditions and the Benefit Rules to make sure that you are happy with any changes. If you are not happy with any changes, you must not continue to use this website and, if you are a Member, you must notify 6DOT50 on info@6DOT50.com immediately. If you continue to use this website, and, if you are a Member, continue to access the 6DOT50 Membership Programme (as defined below), you will be deemed to have accepted the changed Terms and Conditions and/or Benefit Rules. Any changes to these Terms and Conditions and/or Benefit Rules will be effective from the date that the changed Terms and Conditions and/or Benefit Rules are posted on this website.
1. IMPORTANT NOTICE
- 1.1 In terms of section 49 of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the CPA), 6DOT50 wishes to draw your attention to the clauses contained in these Terms and Conditions which appear in bold print, as these clauses:
- a) may limit the risk or liability of 6DOT50 or a third party; and/or
- b) may create risk or liability for you; and/or
- c) may compel you to indemnify 6DOT50 or a third party; and/or
- d) serves as an acknowledgement, by you, of a fact.
- 1.2 As such, the clauses which appear in bold print are highlighted for your convenience and should be read very carefully. If you do not understand any of these clauses, please contact 6DOT50 on info@6DOT50.com before you continue using this website or before you register to be a Member, so that 6DOT50 can explain them to you.
- 1.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to limit or avoid any right or obligation as set out in the CPA.
2. USE OF THIS WEBSITE
- 2.1 You must not use this website in any way that modifies and/or causes, or may cause, damage to this website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of this website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- 2.2 You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify this website or any of the information contained herein without 6DOT50’s prior written consent.
- 2.3 You may not use this website to distribute material which could be defamatory, offensive or harmful to any member of the public and/or which could damage 6DOT50’s reputation.
- 2.4 You understand and agree that the contents of this website, including any material, information, data, software, images, video clips, trade names, logos and designs, which on in this website (Website Material) belong to the 6DOT50 Group and you may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use any Website Material without 6DOT50’s prior written consent.
- 2.5 Without prejudice to 6DOT50’s other rights under law and/or these Terms and Conditions, if you breach these Terms and Conditions in any way, 6DOT50 may take such action as it deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to this website, prohibiting you from accessing this website, and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
3. 6DOT50 MEMBERSHIP PROGRAMME
- 3.1 We facilitate the exchange of value between Members and other Members and between Members and business partners of 6DOT50 using voucher products sold by us (6DOT50 Membership Programme). 6DOT50 vouchers may be linked to known and trusted values such as the United States dollar, for example, and in this case vouchers may be referred to as Digital Dollars (D$). Currently, we only offer Digital Rand vouchers (Rand Vouchers) and the value of each Rand Voucher is backed 100% by the equivalent fiat currency Rands held on deposit in our bank account to ensure that you receive the benefits available to you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and as more fully explained in the Benefit Rules. The value of 1 Rand Voucher is therefore equal to 1 South African Rand. Unlike physical products that are subject to wear and tear, subject to loss and are costly to store and move, Rand Vouchers are borderless and are not prone to wear and tear or loss thus retaining their representative value indefinitely. 6DOT50 vouchers do not expire. In addition, 6DOT50 vouchers may be redeemed to acquire other products and services from 6DOT50 business partners and/or businesses which accept 6DOT50 vouchers in exchange for products and/or services. A 6DOT50 voucher is therefore a product with a common measure of value used in the exchange of products and services.
- 3.2 To be a Member of 6DOT50, you must be:
- a) entitled to use our products and services in your country of residence, have a mobile phone number that is registered in South Africa that will be used as your membership number and be entitled to enter into a binding agreement as set out in these Terms and Conditions. By registering as a Member, you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and have full legal capacity to agree to these Terms and Conditions. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may register as a Member only if you have permission from your parent or legal guardian and such parent or legal guardian agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be responsible for all of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions; or
- b) an approved business that registers for one of the approved Business Benefits offered by the 6DOT50 membership programme.
- 3.3You agree that you are solely responsible to ensure that you comply with any and all local laws and requirements and/or restrictions that may be applicable to you in your country of residence. If your country of residence imposes certain restrictions on your ability to participate in the 6DOT50 Membership Programme, you accept that 6DOT50 will be entitled to implement such restrictions.
- 3.4 6DOT50 may suspend and/or terminate your membership and benefits at any time if it reasonably suspects that you have or may have acted dishonestly, fraudulently or illegally in your engagement with the 6DOT50 Membership Programme.
- 3.5 You are encouraged to report any fraudulent activity or misuse of benefits by contacting 6DOT50 on info@6DOT50.com
- 3.6 If your membership ends or your membership is terminated for any reason:
- a) Your rights to benefits will immediately cease; and
- b) We will refund you for the value of Rand Vouchers held in your 6DOT50 account at the time that your membership ends or terminates (as the case may be), less any fees that may be applicable at that time.
- 3.7 You may cancel your membership at any time by giving at least 30 (thirty) calendar days’ written notice to 6DOT50, in order for us to process any refund that may be due to you.
4. 6DOT50 MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS AND FEES
- 4.1 Members are entitled to access the benefits offered by the 6DOT50 Membership Programme as detailed in the Benefit Rules including, but not limited to:
- a) The ability to BUY Rand Vouchers using cash, bank cards, electronic funds transfer and other payment methods subject to availability in your territory and payment of fees. You will always be shown the applicable fees for a transaction prior to concluding the transaction;
- b) The ability to USE Rand Vouchers in exchange for goods and services, in which case fees may apply. Where fees are applicable, such fees will either be shown prior to you prior to concluding the transaction or applied as set out in the Benefit Rules;
- c) The ability to SEND Digital vouchers to any person with a valid South African mobile number for FREE.
- 4.2 Members can start accessing the benefits offered from the time that membership has been activated.
- 4.3 Members may not use 6.50 vouchers as security for any debt. 6.50 vouchers may only be exchanged for goods and services offered by or through 6DOT50 and in limited circumstances we will refund you for unwanted 6.50 voucher products subject to our refund policy as set out in the Benefit Rules.
- 4.4 There are no joining fees or monthly fees payable by Members. Fees that may be applicable to benefits will be posted on this website and will be charged as applicable. The fees that are applicable are:
- a) Transaction Fees on BUY – When members request to purchase Rand Vouchers a transaction fee may be applied. The quantum of the fee is dependent on the fees charged by third party providers and will be quoted at the time you choose to purchase and before you commit to incurring these charges;
- b) Transaction Fees on USE – When redeeming vouchers for other products and services we generally do not charge Members any transaction fees. Fees may be applicable when redeeming vouchers for alternative voucher options or when Members choose a payment method that may include fees. Fees may also apply to benefits available to business Members.
5. OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 6.1 You understand and agree that your use of this website and, if you are a Member, your participation in the 6DOT50 Membership Programme is entirely at your own risk and you all risks associated with your use of this website and, and, if you are a Member, your participation in the 6DOT50 Membership Programme.
- 6.3 This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, whether express or implied. Without prejudice to the foregoing, 6DOT50 does not warrant that:
- a) this website will be constantly available, or available at all;
- b) the Website Materials are complete, true, accurate or non-misleading; or
- c) the information or files on this website are free of viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which may be able to corrupt, destroy or compromise your computer or device in any way.
- 6.4 Without limiting the foregoing, 6DOT50 shall not be responsible for any unauthorised human or technical intervention which affects or may affect the functioning of this website and/or the 6DOT50 Membership Programme and it will not be liable or responsible for any transaction that is not properly processed, executed, saved or transmitted, regardless of the cause of the problem.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 7.1 6DOT50 will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage you may suffer as a result of or in connection with your use of this website and/or your participation in the 6DOT50 Membership Programme.
- 7.2 You are responsible for maintaining adequate security and control of any and all ID’s, passwords, hints, personal identification numbers (PINs), or any other codes that you use to access or in relation to the services offered by 6DOT50. We assume no responsibility for any losses resulting from the compromise of your 6DOT50 account.
- 7.3 You hereby indemnify 6DOT50 and its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses) incurred or suffered by 6DOT50 and/or and its officers, directors, employees and agents arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to use of the services; and (ii) any breach by you of any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
8. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions will be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. In the event of any dispute arising between you and 6DOT50, you hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa (Western Cape Division, Cape Town).
9. CONTACT US
Should you have any queries about this website or these Terms and Conditions, please contact us on info@6DOT50.com.